Sports Day 19/7/16
Due to the forecast of high temperatures for Sports Day tomorrow, a risk assessment has been performed and measures have been applied according to guidelines:
1. The Sports Day programme has been amended to shorten the time that students and staff will be exposed to the sun and heat. The programme will be run from 8.25am to 12.45pm with adequate breaks. The school day will then resume to a normal afternoon with form registration and Lesson 5.
2. Students will remain in sportswear for the entire day.
3. Additional shaded areas will be erected.
4. The usual First Aid tent will be central to all activities, in addition to a ‘Cooling-off’ room (PE8) which will be manned by further qualified First Aiders.
5. Please ensure that your child has plenty of water / water-based drinks to last the day (fizzy, sugary drinks are a detriment to hydration)
6. Please ensure that your child has applied sun cream before arriving at school and brings along top-up supplies.
7. Please ensure that your child wears a hat for additional protection.
The temperatures and conditions will be closely monitored throughout the day and additional amendments to the programme will be made if needed.
Students should be prepared for their normal last lesson tomorrow which will be in the classroom.
There will be no change to the timings of the normal school day.
Thank you in advance for ensuring that your child is prepared for what we hope will be a day enjoyed by all.