Years 12 and 13
|Course||GCE A Level Business Studies|
|Exam Board/Syllabus||Pearson – 9BS0|
Course Entry Requirements
In Addition To The School Sixth Form Entry Requirements
|GCSE Grade 4 English and Mathematics.|
Paper 1 (120 minute exam) 100 marks 33.3% of final grade
A Mix of multiple choice, short answer, and essay questions.
Paper 2 (120 minute exam) 100 marks 33.3% of final grade
Three data response questions.
Paper 3 (120 minute exam) 100 marks 33.3% of final grade
One compulsory case study consisting of six questions.
The course covers the following topics:
- What is business?
- Managers, Leadership and Decision Making.
- Decision making to improve Marketing performance.
- Decision making to improve Operational performance.
- Decision making to improve Financial performance.
- Decision making to improve Human Resource performance.
- Analysing the strategic position of a business.
- Choosing strategic direction.
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies.
- Managing strategic change.
- Case studies
- Decision making, role plays and data analysis
- Group discussions
- The use of multi-media
- Peer assessment (the student’s design and set exams)
- External Visits